Lit from Within: Swirlies!
-->

Monday, May 21, 2012

Swirlies!

This manicure was inspired by a mani I saw on Pinterest that I can't access the source of.  It was nicer than mine, though.  It's been a long time since I tried to color in between the lines, you know.
 
I started with Misa's Spaced Out, a lovely grey creme with a slight shimmer.  Grey is the new black, it seems.



Then I took silver and drew a.. kind of swirly shape?  I put partitions in it for the different colors, but I have obviously forgotten everything I learned in geometry about triangles and stuff.  So totally random partitions!



I scored a bunch of nail art pens at Big Lots - 3 for $2.50.  And another group of 4 at Ross, for about $4.  This first one really is bright purple.  What is it about digital cameras and purple?



Next, turquoise:


Added a baby shimmery pink from Sally Hansen, and then some opalescent glitter to the purple.


Seche Vite for top coat:



Right Hand:



It's definitely trial and error for me to see what colors work together, and what polishes are opaque enough to work for art.  I bet this is easier for those who do nails that also have a background in graphic design, or art - but I'm a psychologist with a master's degree in Human Resources, lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...