Lit from Within: Island girly
-->

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Island girly

I love orange polish, but they don't always love me.  I picked up this orange on clearance at Sally's and fell in love, but it didn't like me right away.  Ironically, it's called 'Crush On You.'

I did a wide french tip with Orly's Decades of Dysfunction, a creamy bisque with pink hints.

Neither one of these polishes is very opaque.  This is three coats of the orange, and then an additional two coats of the bisque.


I wanted to do a version of this mani, so I made one flower on each nail, across the tip, with a dotting tool.  This is Zoya's Tosca.


Then I dotted the middle with a little bit of Decades of Dysfunction mixed with Zoya's Gwin.  Gwin by itself was the first plan, but it didn't show up well.


Hubby wasn't loving the orange color, so I thought maybe I could change it up a little with Essie's Shine of the Times.  We both agreed it was an improvement.  It looks very 'Island Girl' to me with these colors and the flower.


And the right hand:

Oooh, shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...