Lit from Within: White and Black flowers
-->

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

White and Black flowers

I was inspired to do this mani by one I had pinned that doesn't seem to be available at the original location anymore :(  It was pink with these types of flowers, but in decals.  I wanted to dot my flowers.. probably because I was too lazy to go looking for my decals.

This is..3? coats, I think of Wet & Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint.  Yes, it looks like another famous polish.  No, I didn't know that when I bought it.  I don't like when I buy dupes, but I suppose it's unavoidable when I'm attracted to the same colors of polishes.   Raffum-shrmaffum.


I started with the white dots and flowers.  I had some trouble spacing when I just put down the center dots.


I added the black dots and went over some of the center white dots again, as well as added a few highlights


Right hand:


And, then I mattified it with Essie's Matte About You.  I like doing this for flowers, especially, when I've added a lot of detail that is lost in a glossier look.  Not sure it did much for this mani, but I did like it.


2 comments:

  1. Pretty! Great job on the flowers :)


    (I live in central fla too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm finding out there are a lot of beauty bloggers in Central FL! Who knew? Where are you located? I'm in Port Orange/Daytona

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...