Lit from Within: Petra's Blackheart
-->

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Petra's Blackheart

Hello, Fireflies!

Sometimes, it's funny how the camera captures a different side of a polish than what is easily seen in Real Life.  For example, look at this lovely, Urban Decay Blackheart.

Urban Decay Blackheart

Pretty purple, right? Oh, and check out this badass skull on the cap.  Roses for eyes, yeah, you heard me.


But, I digress.  So, with a little shifting around, the purple turns green and gold. Most of us have seen duochromes before, no biggie.. though they are still so pretty.

Urban Decay Blackheart

In Real Life, Marc Jacobs Petra looked pretty much the same as Blackheart, only with a rougher looking finish.  But, as soon as I put it next to Blackheart, all my pix were of the duochrome green!  This was all the same color in Real Life.

Urban Decay Blackheart, and Marc Jacobs Petra

They couldn't look more different here!

Urban Decay Blackheart, and Marc Jacobs Petra

Bottle shot:  Urban Decay Blackheart, and Marc Jacobs Petra.

Bottle shot:  Urban Decay Blackheart, and Marc Jacobs Petra.

It was fun to get the duochrome to show up in Real Life, but so funny that I couldn't get it to go away in the pix!  Have you ever had a polish look so different when you took its pix, or put it next to another polish?


8 comments:

  1. Both are pretty gunmetal colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like gunmetal + oilslick! I do love them both... but they are not easy on the wallet! The UD is $15 and the Marc Jacobs is $18, I think.

      Delete
  2. Both of those polishes are GORGEOUS! I really need to get that UD one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people rave about Zodiac, the green released at the same time, too. I decided I needed to own ONE at least. That skull slays me!

      Delete
  3. So pretty, Blackheart is one of my faves as is Petra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zodiac seemed to be the popular polish from this release, but I couldn't resist Blackheart!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...