Lit from Within: Blue Reeds - #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, January 13, 2014

Blue Reeds - #NailArtForNubs

Did you see I have TWO posts today?  Click Here to see my review of Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow.

Hello, Fireflies!

I know, all my nail art is technically #NailArtForNubs, but it's fun to do a series that is focused on art that I think looks great on short nails, or that surprised me by looking as good as it did on shorties.

I got my inspiration for this mani from a Pin from Pet Nails.  It didn't link to anything, though.. and I have to tell you - doing a Google search for 'pet nails' brings up alllllll kinds of weird.  I couldn't find her.

I started with OPI Sheer Your Toys.  It's almost like not wearing anything at all.  Hmm.  It's a very light grey.  I didn't build it up, though, because I knew I'd be adding more polishes on top.

OPI Sheer Your Toys

I used Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Don't Worry I Don't Bite, a silvery-blue holo, to make a deep French tip.  Deeply curved or V-shaped French tips give the illusion of longer nails.

Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Don't Worry I Don't Bite

Morgan Taylor is a brand that is apparently available only to Professionals, but I scored this one in a blog sale.  They get mixed reviews, as far as I can tell, but I liked this one.    I used it to create the reeds in the foreground.

Morgan Taylor Gotta Have Hue

I like how bright and cheerful the blue is over the greys.

Morgan Taylor Gotta Have Hue

I used Aly's Dream Polish Bayouberry to highlight the reeds.  Just a little pop of light makes me pretend I'm a real painter.  It's important to use the lingo.


Look, ma, both hands!


Bottle shot:  OPI Sheer Your Toys, Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Don't Worry I Don't Bite, Morgan Taylor Gotta Have Hue, and Aly's Dream Polish Bayouberry.

Bottle shot:  OPI Sheer Your Toys, Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer Don't Worry I Don't Bite, Morgan Taylor Gotta Have Hue, and Aly's Dream Polish Bayouberry.

I love blue and grey together, and this makes me think about our grey, rainy days we're having right now in Florida - but winter is short-lived here, and soon we'll be bursting with color.  Are you ready for the end of winter?

Don't forget, if you'd like to see my review of Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow, click here.







4 comments:

  1. It looks good. That blue you used is so vibrant too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, too. I should use it as a whole mani, it's too beautiful just to use as a detail.

      Delete
  2. This is very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...