Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Fabric Matching
-->

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Fabric Matching


Hello, Fireflies!

I'm in my wheelhouse with today's challenge - stamping to match a fabric.  When I was in high school, I layered my socks to match every color I was wearing.  I had a barrette collection to rival any Valley Girl, because I had to have them in every color.   I like my jewelry to match my outfits, or at least be complimentary. Now, I like to match my polish to my outfits. 

Takko Lacquer Whimsical

I started with Takko Lacquer Whimsical.  It's in the pink family, but leans purple, especially with that blue shimmer!  I wanted a little more, so I added Lucky 13 Lacquer Fairy Lights, but it didn't really show up over the pastel.

Takko Lacquer Whimsical with Lucky 13 Lacquer Fairy Lights

I used plate Mash-46 and Orly In The Navy to make stripes.

Mash-46 and Orly In The Navy to make stripes

The stripe on my thumb is a little trick I like to call, "covering the mistake."  If you, like me, aren't talented enough to get the stamp to go all the way across the nail, then fake it 'till ya make it.  Looks like it's supposed to be there, huh.  I only share these secrets with you, Fireflies.

The stripe on my thumb is a little trick I like to call, "covering the mistake."

Out of all the stamps I've tried, I think that stripes have got to be the hardest.  They look simple enough - deceptively so, really.  And, to the casual onlooker, they look pretty good.  But when people are looking at pix of your hands enlarged 2-3 times, and up in their face.. you start to notice things.  

Like that hardly any of the lines are the same thickness all the way across.

Or that they're kinda wavy.

Or maybe that they look like I was drinking and just *thought* they were straight.


But, put them against this shirt, and look from a reasonable distance, and it looks like I am a nail artist GENIUS. 

My stamping brings all the girls to the yard, and my nails, they look better than yours.  That's right, they're better than yours..

...I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.. oh, wait.  I just told you all my secrets for free.  Damn.


Bottle shot: Takko Lacquer Whimsical and Orly In The Navy

Bottle shot: Takko Lacquer Whimsical and Orly In The Navy

What nail polish secrets make your nails look more amazing than they really are?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...