Lit from Within: Make Up Monday - Oiled Up!
-->

Monday, January 27, 2014

Make Up Monday - Oiled Up!

Hello, Fireflies!

Two posts today! If you'd like to see my #NailArtForNubs post, click here! It goes live at 9am Eastern.

In the meantime, I want to tell you about a recent obsession of mine - OIL.  Sounds dirty, doesn't it?  Being oiled up, glistening, shiny... soft, glowing, and healthy!

I recently bought a few of the Beautifying Oils from The Body Shop in Moringa, Satsuma, and Sweet Lemon.

Beautifying Oils from The Body Shop in Moringa, Satsuma, and Sweet Lemon.

They smell amazing! Moringa is lightly nutty.  Satsuma is a strong, sweet clementine/orange scent, and Sweet Lemon is like a fresh-cut lemon.  The oils are all blends, clear in color, and light on the skin.  They all absorb quickly, too.

The oils are all blends, clear in color, and light on the skin.

While they all come in bottles with a stream dispenser, I actually prefer to put them in a spray bottle.  I can mix the scents if I want to, and the oil is easier to spritz all over the body (and, frankly, my walls and floor, so be careful!) I find it goes on and absorbs faster this way.


I've been using a homemade blend of oils for my face and cuticles, but these are nice, too.  Now, if you're thinking that you can't use oils because you have oily skin - you'd be wrong! Oil dissolves oil, which actually keeps your skin cleaner and more balanced.  Check out information on oil cleansing methods if you'd like to learn how to clean your face with oil.


You may be surprised to learn all the things you can do with oil - it's great for hair and skin.  Many oils are multi-purpose, too.  Coconut oil is some amazing stuff. 

Forget what you think about oil being greasy and dirty - you may be pleasantly surprised! Have you tried oils for health and beauty?

40 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed trying different oils this last year! There are so many that offer health and beauty benefits.

      Delete
  2. I need to play around with more oils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds kinda kinky! woot! lol - yes, I think everyone should.

      Delete
  3. I like to use oil--- moroccan, argan, tahitian for my hair and sometimes body. I haven't tried anything from The Body Shop though so thanks for the info,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried tahitian oil. Another oil to try! yay!

      Delete
  4. Can you use these on your face? I love the Satsuma scent, that's one of my favorite Body Shop scents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottle says they are for face, body, and hair. I haven't yet, though. I love the Satsuma scent so hard.. but I think it might be too heavy for me to put on my face. I have a bar of soap in that scent, too, and it lingers. Makes the whole bathroom smell delicious.

      Delete
  5. Nice picks! I also use a spray bottle to apply body oil, my trick is to add some water to it, to make it look like those two-step makeup removers. It's not like water will damage the oil, and it will help it spread better on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that! I will have to try that. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  6. You had me at sweet lemon. I would bathe in it if the hubby allowed me to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, that made me a little weak in the knees. How indulgent!

      Delete
  7. I have used natural oils on my skin and hair for years. Some of my faves are jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, avocado. I usually buy them unscented and mix in my own essential oils but those Body Shop scented oils sound lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were on clearance, but I really like the scents. I have bought some essential oils and made my own, too. I need to try avocado oil!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. When, oh when is the internet going to develop scent-o-net?

      Delete
  9. I love using oils for all sorts of things-- hair, skin cleansing, cuticles! You name it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. They have tons of other scents, and I make my own, too - something for everyone. I do like citrusy scents the best, though.

      Delete
  11. I use olive oil with tea tree and lemon to take off my makeup every day. It's amazing. I will have to try these, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh. What's your recipe? I put a little tea tree oil in my cuticle oil, but a little goes a long way! Does it sting your eyes?

      Delete
    2. I half-fill a small squeeze bottle with olive oil. I add about 10 drops of Tea Tree oil to it. I also add lemon or bergamot (same amount) to make it smell better than stinky Tea Tree oil. I rub it all over my face, scrub pretty well on my lashes to get the mascara off, then take a warm wash cloth and wipe it all off. No rinsing. I will never use anything else again to remove my make up or "wash" my face at night.

      Delete
    3. That sounds really interesting! I want to try that. Thanks, T!

      Delete
  12. I haven't been to the body shop in forever! I'll have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have one in our local mall, and I never went. Now they've gone, and I didn't know what I had! Truthfully, if these things weren't half-or-more off, I wouldn't have bought them, but I'm glad I got to try them on sale.

      Delete
  13. I love using oils on my body, face and hair. These look great and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, I love the Sweet Lemon! It smells SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. And, now, thanks to Anastasia, I'm going to try mixing in a little water to see if it does help the oil spread better.

      Delete
  16. They are wonderful and smell amazing ! I almost picked them up the other day

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lemon scents so I really should check these out. I think I'd like this after a shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's primarily when I use them. The oils help keep the moisture in your skin.

      Delete
  18. The Body Shop's oils are amazing. I am a huge fan of their Satsuma body oil! I wish Vineyard Peach (my favorite scent) came in a body oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peach. I may have to check that one out.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...