Lit from Within: A Whale of a good New Year!
-->

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Whale of a good New Year!

Hello, Fireflies!

I hope that 2014 has been good to you so far!

I saw this nail art on The Nailasaurus, and Sammy called it, 'The Whale Tail Nail'.  I loved it, and wanted to do my own version with some of my new Aly's Dream Polish holos.

Probably one of Aly's most popular holos is Tiffanytea, a beautiful bright blue.

Probably one of Aly's most popular holos is Tiffanytea

I can see why.  Beautiful blue, and with a light scattered holo.  This is from her Macaron collection, which are all subtle scattered holos in lighter, pastry-inspired colors.

Aly's Tiffanytea

When Aly had her last restock, she included an 'easter egg' called Super Black.  It's by far the truest black holo I've ever seen.  It's not a linear holo, which usually greys out any color it's on.  It's a great black, very different.

Aly's Super Black

After applying Aly's Super Black - which in this pattern was harder than it looks - I did have to touch up again with some Tiffanytea.  I then applied the square studs and covered everything with topcoat.


Isn't this cool?  The Nailasaurus took a v-gap and turned it over, and I love it! I wish I were this creative.

this pattern was harder than it looks

Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish Tiffanytea and Super Black.

Bottle shot:  Aly's Dream Polish Tiffanytea and Super Black

Will you be donning a Whale Tail? 

34 comments:

  1. Lovely blue color! Great combination with the studs and black too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The color combo is close to Sammy's, but not the same... lol

      Delete
  2. I am just not as creative as you! Love the polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not as creative as me, either! I get most of my ideas from other bloggers, but I do give credit where I can! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful polishes! I'm sooo in love with that seafoam blue holo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear she's getting ready to do another restock! Last time, she did it all as preorders, so there was no mad rush, and everyone got everything they wanted. It was awesome.

      Delete
  4. Wish I have the patience to change my nail polish every so often. I like this color, very spring-ish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting my nails (and, uh, well.. picking it off!) is very relaxing for me, sorta zen. I rarely keep it on for long - I enjoy the impermanence of the polish, and take photos to keep it around longer.

      Delete
  5. Love the design! I need to try this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are both pretty colors, Tiffanytea especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see why it's one of her most popular! It's gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. Wow, I love those colors! What a creative idea too! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope Sammy likes my version of her idea, too! :)

      Delete
  8. I really like that shade of blue! Your nail art looks like little vests on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What do you call an alligator in a vest? an inVESTigator. *snort*

      Delete
  9. This is a new to me brand. Great pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aly's Dream Polish is a great brand for scattered holos. There are more colors than you can shake a stick at! The hard part is waiting for a restock!

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of the brand. I like how you changed it but I like the original color too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sammy's nail art is impeccable, for sure. It was a great inspiration for me!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Sammy came up with it, I just copied it. :)

      Delete
  12. What a gorgeous look! (Sheila, Painted Ladies)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That black is to DIE for! Actually, I love the blue, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have another black like it! It's pretty cool.

      Delete
  14. I love this mani!! I may be the only person, but when I hear Whale Tale, I don't think of an actual Whale, I think of being on a boat, going fast and seeing the water coming out from under and around the boat and motor,that makes it look like a Whale Tale. Terrible description,but that's what it makes me think of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what it's called? I'm not a boater. Thank goodness a 'whale tail' isn't a euphemism for something steamier than that! lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...