Lit from Within: L'Oreal Sexy Textured Purples
-->

Friday, January 17, 2014

L'Oreal Sexy Textured Purples

Hello, Fireflies!

I'm not sick of textured polishes yet! I'm not! I'm proud, and I'm not backing down!

I mean, they're glitter, and glitter is forever.  And if you don't like the feel, slap a topcoat on it, and Bob's your uncle.

I picked up two from the L'Oreal Gold Dust textured polishes - Too Dimensional? (the periwinkle with gold) and Sexy In Sequins (the eggplant).  I wanted them ALL, but cooler heads, and tighter wallets prevailed.

L'Oreal Gold Dust textured polishes

I was not disappointed.  These are so easy to apply, wear like iron, and are gorgeous.  I made a little French tip in the opposite color for fun - obviously the dark purple showed up better on the periwinkle than the other way around, but I still enjoyed the look.

Too Dimensional? (the periwinkle with gold) and Sexy In Sequins (the eggplant)

I didn't have too much trouble removing them, but one tip I'm loving is to use a felt square to remove textured polish or glitter.  It stays together and lasts longer than cotton pads - and are often reusable, if soaked in acetone.  No more little cotton fibers sticking to your nails, either!


When the pix is blurred a little, it's easier to see that fantastic gold shimmer in Too Dimensional?.  Really makes that polish unique!

When the pix is blurred a little, it's easier to see that fantastic gold shimmer in Too Dimensional?.

Bottle shot:  L'Oreal Gold Dust textured polishes Sexy In Sequins and Too Dimensional?

Bottle shot:  L'Oreal Gold Dust textured polishes Sexy In Sequins and Too Dimensional?

Are you riding the Texture Train?  For me, these were the standouts of the collection, though the teal is also pretty.  Which ones did you get, or would you?

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you like purple, you do! They are gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. I love texture polishes too so these two are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these textured polishes they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in still loving texture! Seems like 'crackle' was a dirty word before it even got popular, but this is a trend that's sticking around!

      Delete
  4. Lovely, I'm still well on that textured train. I picked up two of this line when I was in the US but didn't see these two (otherwise I would have had them too). I'd not heard about using a felt square to remove them, so I might give that a go, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize these weren't available readily outside the US? Interesting, since the company name is L'Oreal Paris! Which ones did you pick up? I think they're all pretty!

      Delete
  5. Ah, I love this mani! I love your intro and the "Bob is your uncle" phrase. LOL you're funny Nidia, made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee hee! The first time I said, "Bob's your uncle,and Fanny's your aunt' to my husband, he thought I'd made it up. I'm not that clever! lol.

      Delete
  6. cute!! I haven't tried L'Oreal's textures yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the eggplant color but love the French mani you did with the two colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seemed the right thing to do. I love playing colors off of each other.

      Delete
  8. I've got both of these and they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love for you to share your mani with them on my Facebook page, if you'd like! :)

      Delete
  9. these are really pretty. I have not tried any L'oreal nail polishes but I'm a purple addict. I think this is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still loving textures! This one is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible, but hard to screw a purple up! I love both of these.

      Delete
  11. Sexy in sequins is gorgeous! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! Thanks for stopping by, and for the comment. :)

      Delete
  12. Love the sparklies! I haven't tried textured polish yet but I've seen so many pretty ones from L'Oreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I end up playing with the texture - I can't keep it on for long, but I love the way it looks!

      Delete
  13. I'm not the biggest fan of textures, but these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smooth out perfectly with Seche Vite or another glossy, thick topcoat. These textures that have glitter in them are perfect for that.

      Delete
  14. I still love textured too, and this shade is particularly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the textures I prefer have a glitter that pops, like this gold shimmer. I much prefer them over the plain creme textures.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...