Lit from Within: Army of Sheep?
-->

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Army of Sheep?

Hello, Fireflies!

If you can't have a duochrome, have a polish with a heavy shimmer.  It's almost the same...  well, kinda.  CrowsToes Me and This Army is a greyed-out Army green with a heavy purple shimmer.  I love this combo!

CrowsToes Me and This Army is a greyed-out Army green with a heavy purple shimmer

I didn't expect it to be this sheer, though!  This was 3 to 4 coats, and you can still see nail line.  That will never dry on me. If I use it again, I'll try it layered over a grey or dark green.

I didn't expect it to be this sheer, though!

Ok, I know that yesterday was the end of the tutorial challenge.. but it will never end for me! bwahaha! I used Chalkboard Nails' Sheep Tutorial for this nailart.

It kinda looks like I'm drawing noses when I start out.

It kinda looks like I'm drawing noses

Then, I use a dotting tool and Milani White On The Spot to add a big, fluffy ball of cotton candy on top of the two sticks.  Like a weird popsicle.

I use a dotting tool to add a big, fluffy ball of cotton candy on top of the two sticks

The same dotting tool goes first into Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, and then into the Milani White for the eyes.  Ghost cotton candy!

Ghost cotton candy!

A little taupe from Nikka K NY112 for the ears, and OPI Pussy Galore for the noses.  I had a little trouble with the noses.  One sheep looks like a fluffy pig.  Another, more like a cat.

I had a little trouble with the noses

A little topcoat to smooth it all out, and the shimmer comes out to play, too. 


Bottle shot:  CrowsToes Me and This Army, Milani White On The Spot, black striper, Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Nikka K NY112, and OPI Pussy Galore.

Bottle shot:  CrowsToes Me and This Army, Milani White On The Spot, black striper, Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Nikka K NY112, and OPI Pussy Galore.

This isn't a fail - it's a multi-purpose tutorial.  You can use it to either make Cotton Candy Ghosts, Fluffy Pigs, or Sheep.  Everyone loves a multi-tasker.

38 comments:

  1. The sheep are so cute and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fluffy...I could die! /Despicable Me :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! You never cease to amaze me! Love those sheep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful compliment! Thank you - you're gonna make me blush. :)

      Delete
  3. omigosh - I am so in love with those little sheep. When I first seen your base color, I thought to myself... "that is a hard color for me to pull off with my skin tone" but then as I read more I seen your adorbs little sheep and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've learned one of my secrets for not-so-great polish - cover it with something! Glitter, nail art, anything! lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's easy when Chalkboard Nails did such a great job first! lol

      Delete
  5. Love your nail art posts Nidia, I wish I had your freehand drawing skills :) Those sheep are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is almost all dotting tools! Except for those darn noses.

      Delete
  6. "They're so fluffy I'm gonna die!!!" Hahaha These are adorable, LOVE!!! And that polish is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I make you laugh, Judy! This is such a fun hobby.

      Delete
  7. aw that is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Chalkboard nails added a black sheep, which is also so cute. I forgot!

      Delete
  9. Total NON fail! I love your cute little sheep! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are sooooo cute! OMG I love the sheep. You are so creative woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can copy the best of them ... with the best of them!

      Delete
  11. That color shift is gorgeous, and those sheep are adorable! I love this mani so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the purple shiimmer! I just wish the polish weren't so sheer. The sheep do help distract from that, though!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I love that these are giving y'all cute overload. lol!

      Delete
  13. Ahhh haha this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little lambies are adorable. How often do you redo your nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embarrassingly often. I actually enjoy the actual painting.. and the picking off of the polish more than I enjoy wearing it. Some days, I won't have anything on, and some days I'll do several manis in a row.

      Delete
  15. How cute!! I love it.....you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not that creative, but I love getting inspiration from nail artists that are!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...