Lit from Within: Moon Candy Nail Art
-->

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Moon Candy Nail Art

Hello, Fireflies!

Yesterday, I showed you a couple of looks with the Revlon Moon Candy polishes, and today, I'm incorporating one into some nail art. Fancy!

I started off with Takko Lacquer Blushing Nude.  Nude, with a hot pink flash - crazy! I love this.  And, I'm not afraid to say it.. I miss Takko's old round bottles.  These types are some of my faves.

Takko Blushing Nude.  Nude, with a hot pink flash - crazy!

I took the deep wine color of Revlon Satellite and painted a curved/diagonal French tip on each nail.  These are some of my fave tips to do - no tape, no muss, no fuss.  I do have to do a little cleanup where I go over the edge of the nail, but I'm working on my aim.

the deep wine color of Revlon Satellite

I added some scrolls, a la Robin Moses.  I love her work - I don't know how she comes up with so many great nail art ideas.

I added some scrolls, a la Robin Moses

Chunky, funky gold mylar flakies! Definitely a job swishing the brush around, pulling up a few flakies, and rolling and dabbing them off the brush - and trying not to get them all over the place!  I love the look, though.

Chunky, funky gold mylar flakies!

Top coat smooths it all out.. and, smudged my wine color, too! Argh.  Luckily, it seemed to blend in with the pink flash from Blushing Nude.  In Real Life, it wasn't noticeable.  I love how a little bit of bling catches the light when you move.  It's subtle, but eye-catching!


Bottle shot:  Takko Lacquer Blushing Nude, and Revlon Moon Candy Satellite.

Bottle shot:  Takko Lacquer Blushing Nude, and Revlon Moon Candy Satellite

What do you think about adding a little bling-bling to nail art?  Would you rather keep it simple with just one color and the flakies, like in yesterday's post?

30 comments:

  1. I like it with the bling, I think it added some extra depth to the design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a ghetto girl, I love me some bling. lol!

      Delete
  2. I love every Takko Lacquer I've seen, yet I've never ordered. It's always sold out when I go to get it. I have to stalk the site, this one looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takko's restocks are insane. I've been lucky to get a couple of them at reasonable prices on blog sales, but otherwise, yeah, stalking Takko's twitter or Llarowe for restocks is the only way to get them!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love the nail art you did! Its really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I learned the scrolls from Robin Moses, and I love practicing them.

      Delete
  4. I've always meant to try that brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her restocks can be super crazy, but it can be worth it. Her flakies are amazing.

      Delete
  5. That's so creative. I like the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure about the shimmer in Blushing Nude and the wine color in Satellite at first, but then I loved it.

      Delete
  6. I love the bling you added at the end. It's not too much, and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to get others' opinions.. especially when they agree with you! lol. Thanks, Kim!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. lol, that's not a comment I often get! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. This might be my favorite nail design by you! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High praise, indeed! Now, the pressure is on to top it! :) lol. hugs!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. thank you! Sometimes, the whole design is greater than the sum of its parts!

      Delete
  10. I especially love the base coat you used, that iridescence is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sucker for shimmer. There's something magical about the way it changes in the light!

      Delete
  11. I love those Moon Candy polishes! I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog - thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Betzy! I'm pretty sure I borrowed it from Robin Moses. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...