Lit from Within: Good Girl Black and White Dress
-->

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Good Girl Black and White Dress

Hello, Fireflies!

On the days that I dress up to teach, I love having a mani that matches my dress.  I think I got pretty close on this one, but you be the judge!  I would prefer, though, if you were more of a Paula Abdul judge than a Simon Cowell, one, though, ok?

I started with Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad.  I love this color, but I have to say, it's so similar to a couple of others from her - Razzle Dazzle comes to mind.

I know they're not the same, but they're *similar*... 

Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad

I took Cult Nails Tempest and Nevermore, and with an almost dry brush, painted over the raspberry glitter.

Cult Nails Tempest and Nevermore,


In the dress, the purple is 'hidden' underneath the white and black, so that's what I tried to do in the nail art.  The glitter catches the light, too, which makes is fun to put underneath the black and white.


Bottle shot:  Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad, and Cult Nails Tempest and Nevermore.

Bottle shot:  Deborah Lippmann Good Girl Gone Bad, and Cult Nails Tempest and Nevermore.

Pretty easy nail art, right?  Almost too easy.  I can see this looking great with so many glitters underneath, too.  If you'd wear this, what would you put underneath?

39 comments:

  1. Looks just like your inspiration! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nails look spot on!! Love the concept and execution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do better work when I have something to take inspiration from.

      Delete
  3. I love the match-matchy nails and outfit. Can we add cranberry lipstick too? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job matching your mani to your dress, cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy, too - no special tools or anything. :)

      Delete
  5. What a great idea for a mani! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love a technique that's easy and versatile.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Even some of my students noticed! lol. Hard to get college students to even look up from their cell phones, much less notice your polish.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's really cool! I love your mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I love it when an idea actually realizes itself on the nail!

      Delete
  8. The nails look great, perfect compliment to the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people don't like matchy-matchy.. but I'm not one of them! lol

      Delete
  9. I LOVE this brushed design! I love simple nail art that looks sharp like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is easy and fun - you can try it with those new Alessandro polishes! :)

      Delete
  10. That looks great!! So simple and lovely. I like the colors you chose, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The glitter underneath adds to the effect, esp. in real life, when the light catches it.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. gives new meaning to "painting' my nails.. ba dum dum!

      Delete
  12. nice job! Your nails look almost identical to that painting! Super cool : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of my fave dresses, too. :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks! I'm glad you like the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This design is absolutely gorgeous! Love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going off a pattern like this because you can already see that the colors are going to work together! Most times, I change the colors from the original inspiration, and just wing it! lol

      Delete
  15. Love that effect and it matches perfectly with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Grunge! 90's child in da house! Where's my Pearl Jam CD?

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...