Lit from Within: It's Pretty Black at 4am
-->

Thursday, January 30, 2014

It's Pretty Black at 4am

Hello, Fireflies!

I love No Doubt, and I think Gwen Stefani is pretty cool, and I'm loving a lot of her new polishes in the OPI collection.

But. BUT. 4 in the Morning for me will always be a Night Ranger song.  They were the first 'favorite' band I ever had, and I lurve them.



Now that I've dated myself, let me show you one of the newest trends in nail polish!  The satin effect in OPI 4 In The Morning is so gorgeous!

The satin effect in OPI 4 In The Morning

It looks like it's going to be a black polish, but it's more of a charcoal, with itty-bitty specks of blue.

It looks like it's going to be a black polish

I've been a fan of NailNation 3000 for a while - her holos are pretty cool.  When I saw Ol' Black Water was a black holo with a twist, I had to have it.  I put it on the tips as sort of a gradient effect here.

Ol' Black Water was a black holo with a twist

I love how the satin black turns into holo with that green flash.  It's very subtle, but the finishes make it pop.

satin black turns into holo with that green flash

But, I'm not done messing around with it yet! I couldn't just stop there, oh, no.  Topcoat time! I think I like it even better this way.


That green! It really does look like murky, mysterious swamp water.  Don't you want your nails to look like swamp water?  You know you do if it's holo swamp water.

That green!

So, what earworm do you have now?  Gwen's or Night Ranger's 4 In The Morning, or 'ol' black water, keep on rolling.. Mississippi Moon won't you keep on shining on me.."


It's a musical montage on the nail!

34 comments:

  1. Its pretty! It blends well together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the nail, I agree! Musically... not so much. LOL

      Delete
  2. I love Gwen Stefani and 4 in the morning is one of my favs... but - loving the Night Rangers. I love this nail look - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Night Ranger is awesome. Another convert! lol.

      Delete
  3. I like the look you created with these polishes, they sure seem like they belong together, especially after being topped with a nice layer of top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually like having different textures, but I agree that this one looks even better with the topcoat. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! Dark colors and nubs go together like peanut butter and jelly!

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know there was a Gwen song called 4 in the Morning lol. or a Night Ranger song. BUT, I know some random things about New Jack and R&B that is pretty surprising LOL! Pretty mani. I really like the addition of ol black water and top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, anytime I can educate someone as to the greatness of Night Ranger, it's a good day! lol I know very little about R&B, so we can swap knowledge!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. OPI and Gwen put out a great collex this time.

      Delete
  7. Oh I love that combo!! I really need 4 in the am. Love the finish of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of grey and black polishes, but I needed this one anyway! The finish makes it special.

      Delete
  8. This is a great combo! I have 4 in The Morning and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the one shade that I am after in this collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went to two different stores to find it. I was on the hunt. The sales staff at my Sally's store think that I am certifiable with the amount of nail polish I buy.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I can't believe she's my age and has a kid. She's classic and timeless.

      Delete
  11. I like the combination. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green shimmer is something special over the grey, I think!

      Delete
  12. Great combo! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually layer holos, but these seemed to want to go together!

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty combo - you've inspired me yet again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...