Lit from Within: Make Up Monday - CLEAN Perfume
-->

Monday, January 6, 2014

Make Up Monday - CLEAN Perfume

(Two posts today - stay tuned for my Nail Art For Nubs post which goes live at 9am Eastern)

Hello, Fireflies!

I get a lot of samples.  I love samples.  They come in my orders from various online retailers, sometimes I get them in swaps or gifts, sometimes I get them for reviews.

Some time ago, I got a sample I had no idea what to do with.  It said CLEAN 'Smooth Trick' on the label, but no instructions.  I searched online, I googled, and finally, I found the Facebook page of CLEAN Perfume, and their logo looked just like that on the sample.

So, I wrote them a message, and asked them what this product was, and how could I use it?

And, after sending some photos and a few messages, they shocked me - this sample was counterfeit, and wasn't theirs at all.  Well, that was a first for me!  In one of the most wonderful Customer Service gestures, they offered to send me a token of their appreciation for bringing the matter to their attention.


They sent me two gift box sets - one of their Warm Cotton scent, and one of Skin.  Each set contained an Eau de Parfum and a Body Lotion!  I was completely floored!


Warm Cotton smells like clean laundry from the dryer.  It's fresh and light, and it smells like laundry detergent.  My husband really dislikes that kind of scent, and it's not my fave, so out of deference to him, I'll find another home for it.

The Skin scent is really delightful and unique.  It's supposed to smell like clean skin.  It has soft floral notes, and a bit of melon, with only the touch of musk.  I generally don't like musk, but I love this scent.  It's not heavy at all.  In the way that nude lipsticks are 'your lips, but better', I think that's what this smells like - your skin, but better.

When CLEAN sent me this, there was no mention of a review; as far as I know, they were just giving great customer service.  I just wanted to tell you about it because this kind of experience is hard to come by!  If you'd like more information about CLEAN Perfume, they have a Facebook page, and a website.

Don't forget, at 9am Eastern, my Nail Art For Nubs post goes live, so please check out my second post today, if you'd like!

34 comments:

  1. That was so nice of them to send you these free of charge! What great customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice of them to send these things to you! Love your descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Clean. I have to agree, they have great customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Skin... one of my favorite scents. That is so nice that they sent you some goodies. That is terrible that you got fake ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how much I love it! I usually gravitate towards citrus, but it's so nice!

      Delete
  5. What great customer service! Truly the mark of a great company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clean laundry smell, so I'm going to have to add that to my list of must haves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound like something I'd try. I love the smell of fresh laundy, and the clean, right out of the shower scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten a sample from Sephora before, I think. You might try there.

      Delete
  8. Interesting scents, not my type though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fragrance is so personal. I kinda envy those who have a signature scent, and never waver.. but I'd miss trying new stuff.

      Delete
  9. Ooh I'd love to try these scents. sound unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Skin is definitely unique. At least the concept for it is!

      Delete
  10. My husband actually loves the scent of clean cotton types of things! I don't know how I'd feel about SMELLING like that myself, rather than a burning candle or Scentsy warmer, though! The other, Skin, sounds totally up my alley though!! What great customer service, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, he doesn't even like the air fresheners that smell like that. The things we do for our men, eh? From one 'newlywed' to another! lol

      Delete
  11. I'm impressed with their Customer Service! I received a sample vial of one of the CLEAN fragrances with my Sephora order a few months ago, and I really liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I had gotten a sample somewhere. Go hit up your Sephora, y'all! lol

      Delete
  12. That's so nice of them! I'm a huge fan of laundry-type scents so Warm Cotton sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it's called *warm* cotton, too. Really evokes that fresh-from-the-dryer feel, which is nice with these chilly temps we've got in the USA right now!

      Delete
  13. I wish I could get a smell of these :) seems awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need smell-o-vision. Or smell-o-internet?

      Delete
  14. They sound perfect for my work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you work in a no-fragrance office? Skin would be perfect for that!

      Delete
  15. That is excellent customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome CS! I love hearing about brands that respond so well to their fans. It makes me want to purchase their items that much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. Makes me feel good about who my dollar is supporting.

      Delete
  17. Amazed at their CS but it's so smart of them! My friends really love Clean fragrances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe in karma, and it's always a good policy to put good things out into the world. I'm loving all the positive comments about this brand, and I'm glad I told my story!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...