Lit from Within: What's Black and White and holo and dotted? #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, January 27, 2014

What's Black and White and holo and dotted? #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

I am so stoked about today's nail art - it's holo, it's black and white, it's geometric, it has dots, AND it looks great on nubs.  

I may hyperventilate.

If you'd like to see the original that inspired me, check out art by LeVernis.

It all starts with this black holo beauty, Treasures by Tan Blackout.

Treasures by Tan Blackout

If you're going to use Scotch (or any clear tape, really) for nail art, I suggest 2 things:  1) make sure your base coat is really, really, super-duper, extra dry.  Anything not firmly adhered to your nail will come away with the tape.  2) put the tape on your hand or arm first.  The tape will pick up some of your body oils and not be quite as sticky. Don't worry, unless you're a dirtybird, it will still be plenty sticky enough.

So, I, not being a dirtybird, and having allowed Blackout to dry thoroughly, I placed my tape on my hand, and then I used the tape to mark off diagonals either for the top or bottom of each nail. Then, I painted Different Dimension Can We Carol On on the exposed nail.

I painted Different Dimension Can We Carol On on the exposed nail

For being such a delicate, white holo, look how wonderfully it covers the black!  Different Dimension makes some of the BEST holos. 


If the white holo was on the bottom, I started with a large black dot.  If the black holo was on the bottom, I started with a large white dot.  Then, the opposing color went on top.



Note that the dots are in plain polish, not holo.  I think if the dots were holo, it wouldn't be as striking, visually.  Your mileage may vary.


Bottle shot: Treasures by Tan Blackout, Different Dimension Can We Carol On, Milani White on the Spot, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

Bottle shot: Treasures by Tan Blackout, Different Dimension Can We Carol On, Milani White on the Spot, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

I am in love with this look! Broken down, it's not hard - a diagonal line (which gets dots over it that can cover any mistakes you might make.  I'm not saying I made any.) and a couple of dots.

If you do this, I'd love for you to share on my Facebook wall.  What colors would you use?

By the way, two posts today! If you missed my Make Up Monday post on Beautifying Oils, you can find it HERE.




8 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...