Lit from Within: Purple Mermaids
-->

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Purple Mermaids

Hello, Fireflies!

Today and tomorrow, I have a couple of looks to share that I did with Deborah Lippmann polishes.  I was entranced by the Mermaid collection, what with the glitter and shimmer and stuff.  I picked up a couple of those and a few others when they went on sale

Do The Mermaid is purple with purple microglitter.  Yum.


Pretty.  Right up my alley, as it were.


I also picked up Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather, a grey creme.  I'm glad I got it on sale.  It's... okay.  Nothing to write home about, and I love grey cremes.  Not bad, I'm saying. Just nothing special for the hefty price tag, either.


I did a French tip first, and then added the stripe down the middle.  Not sure what I was going for.  Something abstract, I'm sure.  Maybe I was drinking that night?  Seems rather silly, now.  ;)


Bottle shot:  Deborah Lippman Do The Mermaid and Stormy Weather.


Have you ever done a manicure and later, when you looked at it (or a pix) you wondered what you were thinking?





32 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful! I love that purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I love the light with bits of dark purple.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous shade! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a high-end polish that is def. worth it in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. The art ended up looking sort of like an anchor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I saw that, too! Nail art so easy, you won't even realize you're doing it...

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful lavender crelly, I want it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth it. On sale, at least! lol

      Delete
  5. That purple is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I can't compete with the ladies who have long fingers and nails... so I don't! I just do me, and I'm glad you like the swatch! :)

      Delete
  7. I should really be kind to my nails this year and start painting 'em pretty! I love the purple lacquer, it's so dainty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your fabulous face, it's okay if no one is looking at your nails! :) That hourglass lippie you have on your blog today looks amazing on you.

      Delete
  8. I haven't the faintest idea why, but I'm absolutely drawn to the grey.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, too, even though I have many greys.. I think it's the name.. and the color... it's everything but the price!

      Delete
  9. I have both of those and I think Stormy Weather is one of the most beautiful cremes I've used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I need to do a mani with Stormy Weather as the base, and see if it changes my mind...

      Delete
  10. I looked at my mani yesterday and thought that! LOL Love Do the Mermaid, I also love Stormy Weather, it's in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Good to know it happens to the best of us!

      Delete
  11. I like what you did with the two but I really love Do the Mermaid all on its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it better on its own, too. Sometimes I need to edit myself! I'm always adding just one..more..thing...

      Delete
  12. I love the Mermaid! It looks awesome with Stormy Weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple and grey = <3 but I'm not sure that Do The Mermaid doesn't shine more on its own.

      Delete
  13. Do The Mermaid is just gorgeous. (Sheila, Painted Ladies)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the purples! Wait, all the Mermaids! both! lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...