Lit from Within: I'm Russian to Get Gold Claws
-->

Friday, January 31, 2014

I'm Russian to Get Gold Claws

Hello, Fireflies!

When Rescue Beauty Lounge had a 50% off sale, I couldn't believe it.  Even at that price, they're not cheap, but I couldn't resist getting a few.

Rescue Beauty Lounge Black Russian is right up my alley - dark, molten blackish-red with a red shimmer.  Vampy, yet glowy.

Rescue Beauty Lounge Black Russian - vampy, yet glowy.

I'm getting better at free-handing straight or diagonal lines, but I'm not as good with the rounded ones.  For a half-moon mani, I decided to use these tape reinforcers as a guide.  They're just regular hole-reinforcers for punched paper, like you would put in a 3-ring binder.  I've found them in the office supply section of Walmart or Target.

For a half-moon mani, I decided to use these tape reinforcers as a guide.

OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby has quickly become one of my fave polishes this year! That gold satin finish slays me.

OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby has quickly become one of my fave polishes this year!

I didn't want to put topcoat over that satin finish, so I had to figure out something else to do to finish this mani.  I dug around in my studs and found these awesome gold teardrops. 

awesome gold teardrops

With studs, placement can make all the difference.  With this orientation, and overlapping over into the gold, it make me think of cat's claws.  Rowr!


Bottle shot:  Rescue Beauty Lounge Black Russian, OPI Love.Music.Angel.Baby

Bottle shot:  Rescue Beauty Lounge Black Russian, OPI Love.Music.Angel.Baby

Do you like to play with studs?  On your nails, I mean.  With all studs, don't you find that placement makes all the difference?

42 comments:

  1. Pretty half moon manicure! The studs add a nice touch to too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I love adding rhinestones or studs to a mani.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love that RBL - and this half-moon is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so elegant after I added claws, though! lol. I'm not really an elegant kinda gal, I think.

      Delete
  3. that red is gorgeous. I love how you did this look - this came out so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love colors that glow - this blackened red is a new fave!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I was just messing around. Sometimes, you never know what you're going to come up with!

      Delete
  5. I like what you did with the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that satin gold much more than I ever thought I would - it's fun to pair it with lots of other colors!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. ;) Don't we all love to play with studs? lol!

      Delete
  7. So amazing! I love the studs, they really make it look like kitty claws :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how one detail can totally change up a look. Rowr! lol

      Delete
  8. I agree with Anastasia, they look like kitty (like a sexy vampy kitty sort of way!) claws. Love the red polish SOOOO much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like you. You think I have sexy claws. LOL.

      Delete
  9. SO cool!! I feel like vampires should wear this mani. And that's a great idea about the three ring binder stickers! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my original idea about the hole reinforcers, but I can't remember where I saw it first! I tell ya, I'm not creative at all!

      Delete
  10. I've been blogging nail polish primarily for 2 years now and have YET to do a half moon mani! I need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done a real watermarble mani. I guess we both have some homework to do! lol

      Delete
  11. Meeeooowwww! I love the half-moon mani. It's one I can actually do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is silly but this looks like it could become a turkey mani!!! LOL I love those studs. Black Russian is a beauty. I didn't do the half-off sale but kicking myself for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had enough of the studs, I could see how they could be feathered out! lol. Let's see.. turkeys or sexy claws..

      Delete
  13. Cute, that does look like cat claws!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Love.Music.Angel.Baby is the star of the OPI Gwen collex for me. I love Push and Shove, too, but this one is amazing.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. thank you! Half-moon manis are so versatile!

      Delete
  16. I haven't seen those reinforcements since I was a kid. I remember begging my dad to buy them for me. I should have saved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not expensive! I think a package of 100 cost me a dollar or two at Target. I used one reinforcement for the whole hand.

      Delete
  17. Love Black Russian a nice vampy color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...