Lit from Within: Two Colors, Three Textures
-->

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Two Colors, Three Textures


Hello, Fireflies! 

Yesterday, I showed you a look playing with glitter and metallic textures.  Today's look has three different finishes - holo, wax finish, and glitter!

I started with one of my new favorite brands, Different Dimension. Just Keep Swimming is one of the most gorgeous bright blue holos, ever. 

 Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming

This is a new formulation of the color - the one I showed you previously was one that had turned a bit teal.  Honestly, I love them both!

Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming

I wanted a stripe of black between the holo and the glitter, so I picked up  Cult Nails Fetish, a wax finish one-coat black.  This is a spectacular black, in my opinion - there's nothing like it.  It's not matte, it's not glossy.  The closest texture I can think of is rubber, but it's not quite that, either.  If you like different finishes, you need this, or at least the Cult Nails Wax That topcoat.

Cult Nails Fetish, a wax finish one-coat black

I finish the nail art with Girly Bits Off The Scale, an opaque micro-glitter in blues and purples.

Girly Bits Off The Scale, an opaque micro-glitter in blues and purples

Holo, wax, glitter!


Just to see how it looked, I topcoated everything.


I wore this for an outing, so I did both hands.  It's easy enough to do on my non-dominant hand, and it looks fine on my nubbins.


Which do you prefer, with or without topcoat?  Do you like mixing all these different finishes?



29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! I'm flattered that you like it. I'm a big fan!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Which one? It doesn't matter, they're both awesome. LOL.

      Delete
  3. That's such a pretty idea! Great for someone like me who is nail art challenged to steal! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want a sharper look, you can use tape, but I find that it looks good with a softer line, too. Most people aren't getting as close a look at our nails as we give them in a blog post, anyway. I hope you'll share your look with me if you do a version of it!

      Delete
  4. I love blue nails. Almost all kinds.. maybe all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Different Dimensions makes some amazing holos, at reasonable prices. This one, and Dueling Unicorns are two of my very faves.

      Delete
  6. I love the combo (especially that holo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you love holo, you need to check out Different Dimensions. Nessie's Revenge is an amazing green, Dueling Unicorns is a royal purple, and Chocolat is a smooth milk chocolate brown.

      Delete
  7. Love the holo! It's pretty. I love blue/green duochromes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't go wrong with adding a little black. :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful combination of colors, I love everything you used there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty colors! i love look number 2 the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, you just can't beat a super-glossy look!

      Delete
  11. These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and it's so easy to free-hand a diagonal tip.

      Delete
  12. I like this design a lot. Simple with great colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband really likes the simple, bold designs best, too. There's something about them!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that black used to be punk, now it's so classy! :)

      Delete
  14. Love the color combo! I think I like with top coat better

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...