Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Holo Purple Gradient Chains
-->

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Holo Purple Gradient Chains


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's stamping challenge was to use three purples.  Well, if 3 are good, more are better, right?  I saw this striped-gradient mani from A Little Polish that I really liked, and thought it might be fun to try.

Word to the wise, though.  If you want a true ombre effect, plan out your colors and paint them on something first.  I went by bottle color, and.. well, as we all know, sometimes what's in the bottle doesn't transfer that way exactly to the nail!

I started in the middle of the nail with Colors by Llarowe Tank Tops and Flip Flops, a really pretty bright purple holo.

Colors by Llarowe Tank Tops and Flip Flops, a really pretty bright purple holo.

Ouch, you can see where my middle nail tore off.  I did that playing with my dog, Banjo.

Next color -  Lacquer Lust Tanzanite.  It looked more purple in the bottle, but next to a red-purple, it turned more blue.  See what I mean about planning ahead?  Not my strong suit.

 Lacquer Lust Tanzanite

While Tanzanite dried, I went above middle and used Enchanted Polish Mercy.  This one definitely came out darker on the nail than in the bottle. 

Enchanted Polish Mercy

Colors by Llarowe Woman From Tokyo is a blackened purple.  Wow, is it pretty.  It's super holo, too.

Colors by Llarowe Woman From Tokyo is a blackened purple

I could have painted my nails with a base coat of Lacquer Lust Amethyst and spared y'all the horror of my nearly naked nails.  But what's the fun in that?  Amethyst was the lightest of the bunch, and went at the top.

Lacquer Lust Amethyst

I wasn't really sure I wanted to stamp over this, I liked it so much! But, I was committed to the challenge.  So, I tried to find a stamp that would allow the gradient to play a part of the stamp.  I chose this chain pattern from DRK-C, and stamped with Essie Nothing Else Metals.

chain pattern from DRK-C

 I couldn't bear to stamp over all of it.  This is definitely a technique I will use again. 




Bottle shot:  Lacquer Lust Amethyst, Enchanted Polish Mercy, Colors by Llarowe Tank Tops and Flip Flops,  Lacquer Lust Tanzanite, Colors by Llarowe Woman From Tokyo.

Bottle shot:  Lacquer Lust Amethyst, Enchanted Polish Mercy, Colors by Llarowe Tank Tops and Flip Flops,  Lacquer Lust Tanzanite, Colors by Llarowe Woman From Tokyo.

So, are six purples better than three?  I think so!

18 comments:

  1. Pretty holo stripes and the stamping on top really combined them together well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like the stamping? I'm not 100% convinced. Probably because my hubby didn't want me to stamp over the purple, so I felt guilty! lol

      Delete
  2. This is lovely. I love the step by step photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to make the art easy to follow, and I don't know how to do a video tutorial, so this is the next best thing!

      Delete
  3. I think the stamping really compliments the gradient, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was thinking of going with a small image, but I was hoping the full nail stamp would show off the color changes more.

      Delete
  4. The stamping made it really pop! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I kinda wish I'd stamped the thumb, too.. so indecisive! lol

      Delete
  5. Wow this looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how this ended up looking. I can't stamp worth a ****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamping does take practice, for sure! Some of my early attempts were completely laughable. Luckily, I'm not a perfectionist!

      Delete
  7. I like how this turn out too! really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay wow! I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn! Have you been working on your baking blog?

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...