Lit from Within: Make Up Monday - Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow #TheMakeUpShow
-->

Monday, January 13, 2014

Make Up Monday - Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow #TheMakeUpShow


One of the products the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida were given to try at The Make Up Show was this really cool blush-but-better-than-blush product from Kevyn Aucoin, called The Creamy Glow.

Now, this confession may shock you, but before The Make Up Show, I didn't really know Kevyn Aucoin.

Please, breathe.  I'm a fan now.

Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow.

The color I was given to try is called Pravella, and it's a bright pink.  It's creamy, and I usually apply it with a synthetic blush brush or kabuki brush, although it is also easily applied with the fingers.

Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow.in Pravella

The brightness scared me a little, but it can be worn much softer.  This is one swipe of the product from my finger onto my forearm.

Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow.in Pravella

Can you see the glow?  It's not shimmery, it's not shiny.. it's a glow. I love it, and I think it makes my skin look amazing.  Here, I've blended the swipe out so you can see the glow a little better.  You can make the blush as light or dark as you like.

Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow.in Pravella

I've always had a problem with blush longevity.  I don't know if my skin just sucks it up, or if I'm afraid of putting enough on to stay.. but nothing I've ever tried stays on all day.  I don't really know how long this lasts.  But I've never seen another product do what it does, and that is worth a touch-up, if needed, in my book.

If you'd like more information on this product, this link (not affiliate) will take you to Kevyn Aucoin Beauty.  Their link to online sales takes you to Bergdorf Goodman, where this product sells for $26.

What do you think about a blush that glows?

My #NailArtForNubs post will go live at 9am Eastern today! Two, yes, TWO posts today!


30 comments:

  1. It appears subtle pink to me....looks like a good everyday blush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks scary bright in the pan, but it's really not. It's a great everyday blush. I find myself reaching for it, even though I have lots of other colors.

      Delete
  2. Love the subtle pinky shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me look like I just came in from the cold!

      Delete
  3. Once you blended it it's a pretty shade of pink. I like how subtle it is because it looks natural and not over the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm not one for bright dots of color, like a doll's cheek!

      Delete
  4. I love how it blends out. Pretty shade!!! Kevyn Aucoin is quality stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a copy of his books. I hear they're amazing.

      Delete
  5. I really like the color and the subtle shimmer. Looks like you got to try a great product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while, I get lucky! I love this and the Ellis Faas mascara I got to try from The Make Up Show so hard.

      Delete
  6. I have a problem with making blush last only because I always rest my head in my hand and the oils from my hand rub it away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that's what I do! I bet that's it... huh. DUH.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! Definitely a favorite shade of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do you have one like it that you use?

      Delete
  8. I am a long time lover of all that is Kevyn Aucoin (RIP)! I am so glad to hear that you love the makeup! It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read his books, now. I hear they're amazing. So sad he's gone.

      Delete
  9. I have that in the original packaging. I think I bought all the colors that my skin could carry off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they all have that wonderful glow? I would love to wear nothing but this kind of blush!

      Delete
  10. Hmmm....I'm gonna sit on the fence about the glow. LOL! Cool product to get to try out though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you're already naturally glowing, I can see why! I need a little help - you're always asking me if I'm wearing blush! lol!!

      Delete
  11. Pretty! I like blushes with a soft glowy finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I wonder if the Hourglass Ambient Light products do something similar, or if it's a totally different effect.

      Delete
  12. So pretty! And I'm so glad you know about Kevyn now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm certainly getting an education now!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...