Lit from Within: Zig-Zig-Ziggity Zag Lines
-->

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Zig-Zig-Ziggity Zag Lines


Hello, Fireflies!

I had so much fun doing tutorials this month.  I'm sad to see the challenge end.. but you know I'm going to keep doing them on my own, because that's how I roll.

I started this one with LynBDesigns Oobleck, a pretty mint with a subtle shimmer.  Probably could have used another coat..

LynBDesigns Oobleck, a pretty mint with a subtle shimmer

Have you ever wanted to do zig-zag nails, but couldn't figure out how to make the lines all match up?  Or, have you ever wanted to do nail art while drunk?  This technique may be for you! I used the tutorial from Nail Art 101 tutorial for zig-zag nails.

Start by making dots in a grid across and down the nail.  Don't start drinking until after this step, or it'll go wonky.

Or, heck, drink first.  That would make for a pretty interesting nail art, I'm thinking.

Start by making dots in a grid across and down the nail.

If you ever played cheeseboxes as a kid, it's kinda like that, only on the diagonal.

If you ever played cheeseboxes as a kid, it's kinda like that

I went towards the tip first, so the next line goes towards the nail bed.  You can go whichever way you want to start.

I went towards the tip first, so the next line goes towards the nail bed

Ok, not perfect.. but you don't know how much I'd been drinking, either.  This could be a very good nailart, if you look at it like that.

Ok, not perfect..

This really needs topcoat for the black to pop!


If you use yellow, you can make Charlie Brown's shirt.


Bottle shot:  LynBDesigns Oobleck, and a black striper.

Bottle shot:  LynBDesigns Oobleck, and a black striper.

Do you like making zig-zag lines or chevrons?  Does this make it easier?  It did for me! Now... is it 5 o'clock yet?







34 comments:

  1. Great job on the free hand chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Lisa! I had to keep looking at the original tutorial to see if I was doing it right! lol

      Delete
  2. I would never be able to freehand chevrons, even using this method. I think circles are the extend of my abilities haha :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I think circles are even harder than straight lines, so you got me there!

      Delete
  3. This is one of the most entertaining tutorials I have ever read. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok that's awesome! I love the breakdown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure I could use a little more practice, but not bad for a first try at free-hand chevrons

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Thanks for the yummy pix of David Borneaz! lol

      Delete
  7. omg you broke it down so well. I can't believe how simple... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nails 101 gets the credit, I just worked from their tutorial! The grid is the key.

      Delete
  8. This is such doable nail art! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks daunting if you think of it as matching all those lines up, but broken down into a grid, it's a different story.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Me, too - I use a lot of chevrons as French tips, too.

      Delete
  10. Very cute. It reminds me of playing that dot game with my son when we were waiting places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it reminds me of cheeseboxes - it has other names, too, but I can't think of any.

      Delete
  11. Cool! I love the minty colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what "oobleck' means, maybe it's alien for 'minty green'

      Delete
  12. What a fantastic way to make a chevron!!!!! I woulda never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, neither, frankly! Nails 101 does great tutorials for simple nail art.

      Delete
  13. I'm liking those chevrons. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I can recreate this chevron design, it looks easy. Thing is, I don't have patience.... here we go again.... me and my excuses, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you tried it on your lips. You're amazing with lippies!

      Delete
  15. You taught me a cool new nail trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that as one of the highest compliments! Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...