Lit from Within: Happy Flakie New Year!
-->

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Flakie New Year!

Hello, Fireflies!

Happy New Year! I know, it's just another day.. but we've been brainwashed into thinking that there is something magical about it, that suddenly we can CHANGE, that we can be better people. 

Nothing wrong with working on being a better person.  But, please, take time to recognize how wonderful you are, how beautiful, and kind, and good.  How you love and are loved - just as you are.

I decided to start off the new year with a couple of new-to-me polishes.  Lancome Noir Caviar is a dark grey crelly. 

Lancome Noir Caviar

It's an interesting texture - very jelly-like in application, requiring 3 coats for opacity, and having a little more balding than I'd like.  The shine is really nice, though, and I love the color.

Lancome Noir Caviar

I first came across Sweet Color W015 on Nail Polish Wars, and I fell in love at first sight.  I ordered it from Born Pretty Store right away... and then waited 2 months for it to get here from China! 

Sweet Color W015

Totally worth the wait.  Have you ever seen a flakie with so many colors? The yellow and purple! It's like Mardi Gras on my nails.


Sweet Color W015

Even though I'm rocking uber-short nubs (the holidays wreaked havoc on my nails!) I had to show this off on both hands. 


I hope your 2014 is as wonderful and fun-filled as I think this polish is!  I can't wait to see what it will bring!

26 comments:

  1. I love flakie colors and this one is so pretty! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think holos are my hands-down fave until I fall in love with another flakie.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes I don't like that Lancome polish on its own, but WOWSERS, that flakie top coat is amazeballs! I need to order that!!!! And the Lancome makes a great base for a flakie!! Happy New Year to you, like you said, no need to put pressure on ourselves to become totally different people just because the calendar is a new, full 365 again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen another flakie like it! And, HNY to you, too! Don't go changin'!

      Delete
  3. I love the flake top coat. I just started getting into glitters recently, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flakies are soooo much easier to remove than glitters, too. No soaking, or anything like that. Another reason to love them!

      Delete
  4. great combo! i love how the flakies stand out over that grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Destany! I am loving the contrast.. you need to see Nail Wars post with it over blue, too. Gorgeous.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I go from pink with iridescent to dark grey with flashy flakies in a day! lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I agree. Now, if they made a flakie haircolor.... lol

      Delete
  7. Fantastic mani to celebrate the New Year! That glitter is like pretty foil confetti :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to get it out for Mardi Gras, too!

      Delete
  8. So pretty and festive. I didn't realize Born Pretty took that long to get to the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't usually! Although a month is not unusual for me. I think the holiday season slowed *everything* down.

      Delete
  9. Wow, this is so cool and sparkly, perfect for the new year celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gotta love a little bling-bling. Especially one that isn't hard to remove when you've still got that NYE hangover...

      Delete
  10. Wow, that flakie is STUNNING! (Sheila, Painted Ladies)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I haven't seen one with so many colors in it before. But, I've never seen Cult Nails Unicorn Puke in person, either. :)

      Delete
  11. The computer blipped while I was posting, so if I post twice I apologize. But I wanted to say, I love that flakie over the grey. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've fallen hard for this new flakie!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...