Lit from Within: Push and Shoved into a Barbed Wire
-->

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Push and Shoved into a Barbed Wire

Hello, Fireflies!

Today, I want to show you a polish that has polarized the polish world! Most people either love or hate this polish - OPI Push and Shove from the Gwen Stefani collection.

OPI Push and Shove from the Gwen Stefani collection

It's being billed as a 'mirror' chrome.  If you are looking for a polish you can use to apply your lipstick in, then, sorry, you're out of luck.  It is, however, an incredibly shiny, reflective silver, the likes of which I have not seen before.

Yes, it will show every dent in your nails.  See where the Dremel bit my thumb when I was grinding my dog's nails.  It isn't recommended that you use a ridge filler with this polish; in fact, they only want you to use the special basecoat that comes with it, Lay Down The Base.

Why they only give you a teeny tiny bottle of the base, I have no idea.  I suppose they think we'll be bored with this look before we run out of base?  I've seen evidence that it makes a superb stamping polish, so that's something.

Today, though, I stamped over it, with DRK-B and Cult Nails Nevermore.

stamped with DRK-C and Cult Nails Nevermore

I'm so badass with my chrome polish and my black barbed wire.

If you met me on the street, that might not be the first word you'd think to describe me, but you'd be wrong.  I'm so badass.


In fact, I am SUCH a rebel that even though the instructions CLEARLY and EXPLICITLY state not to use topcoat, I threw caution to the wind and used it anyway.

*gasp*

I know.  You both love me and are slightly more afraid of me now.  I understand.


Truth is, I didn't see any change in the polish.  Not right away, and not the next day, either.  Your mileage may vary.

Bottle shot:  OPI Push and Shove, Lay Down the Base, and Cult Nails Nevermore.

Bottle shot:  OPI Push and Shove, Lay Down the Base, and Cult Nails Nevermore.

Are you a secret badass?

14 comments:

  1. What a great silver shade and the black stamping on top looks nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It certainly is an attention getter - especially when the light reflects off your nails!

      Delete
  2. Nice review and yes, I too am a secret badass like you! I would totally try another base coat or apply topcoat or glitter even. Who is OPI to say how I use it once it is mine? Bwahahahaaaaa! See? Baaaaaad girl me!

    Fun post and that polish? WANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you're trouble, girl! OPI is gonna blacklist you! lol! Gli..Glitt..Glitter?? I may faint! I may have to try that!

      Delete
  3. I love silver nails. It was my signature nail color in High School, that stamping design is really cool and edgy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a cool signature color - I was too nerdy to pull that off in High School!

      Delete
  4. I've never tried a stamp before, but I definitely should. I love the color combination and style here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I joined a Facebook group, Adventures in Stamping, to help me with stamping. It's not complicated, but there are some tricks and tips to make it better. I participate in their challenges every Sunday, too.

      Delete
  5. oh I love what you did with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I bet this chrome would just shine with your Alaskan sun! 'Course, it might not be that sunny right now there, huh.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. pretty? I was going for badass. But, I'll take pretty. LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...