Lit from Within: Make Up Monday - Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD
-->

Monday, January 20, 2014

Make Up Monday - Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD

Hello, Fireflies!

My #NailArtForNubs post will be up at 9am Eastern, but while you're waiting, assuming you are, I'd like to tell you about a little skin care thing I've been using and like.

Meet Estee Lauder CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot Correcting Moisture Lotion.


Even though I have the mind of a 12-year old boy, my face knows that I'm a 40+ year old woman.  And, one of the problems I've had to face is that of some hyperpigmentation.

I've tried a handful of different 'brightening' and 'whitening' products, and this is the first one I've tried that made a noticeable difference - and I wasn't even using it systematically.

Here's my only issue - the dispenser is a plain old hole, like for lotion. 


The product is a clear, watery liquid.


So, you're supposed to put the liquid on a cotton pad or something to apply, but I don't want to waste liquid that's just going to stay on the pad, because this stuff isn't cheap.  So, I just pour a little on my hand and slap it on my face.  Gently, now, because I'm not into pain.

So, I'd rather have a pump dispenser or something like that.  But it's not really that big of a deal.

It's incredibly hard for an amateur like me to take a pix of the shiny, reflective box, but I tried.  Here's what it says:

"Magnify your skin's clarity like never before.  Our first brightening system with HD-90 Technology features a naturally derived ingredient so potent it takes brightening to a new dimension.  The CyberWhite HD System helps eliminate dullness from deep within skin's surface to help dramatically brighten the look of dark spots with unprecedented power."

"CyberWhite HD Advanced Spot Correcting Moisture Lotion.  Infuse your skin with this powerful brightening treatment lotion.  Formulated to minimize the look of dark spots and dullness and optimize the brightening benefits of the CyberWhite System.  Revitalizes skin with fresh waves of hydration as it balances, protects, and cushions. Leaves skin soft and supple.  Up close, your skin looks flawless, fair, translucent, with High Definition clarity.

Dermatologist-and Ophthalmologist-tested.  Non-acnegenic."


So, it's part of a system of products, but I can't afford all of them, so I picked this one.  If you have trouble with dark spots, you might want to check them out and see if one of the line works for you. 

Have you tried any dark spot correctors that worked for you?


38 comments:

  1. Nice review! I haven't tried any dark spot correctors too so this was nice to see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Enjoy your beautiful skin while you're young! lol

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review Nidia! I'm also battling with dark spots, and so far two products really worked for me: Origins Mega-Bright serum and Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Dark Spot Corrector serum. Both are quite pricey, but they really diminished and even removed some of my oldest spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I finish this, I will have to try one of those - we both seem to have fair skin. How awesome that some of your spots went away completely!

      Delete
  3. I'm like you with the whole cotton ball thing. The only thing I use it for is toner and I use a flat cotton round. I'm pretty dang stingy with product on it too but I figure it's better than doing nothing lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toner kinda needs an applicator, though, right? If I were applying it all over, I guess I'd use one, but since I'm just putting the liquid on a few places, I just do it my awkward way. I'm glad I don't do videos, I will say!! lol

      Delete
  4. I have never needed a product like this (I mostly need redness solutions-type of products) and it's one of those things, like cellulite cream, that makes me wonder if it really works. Glad to hear this one does!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried many that did nothing, but this one did seem to work for me. I wonder if they have samples of it, though, because I know people have different chemistries that work best with different products.

      Delete
  5. This looks interesting. I may check it out. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review, looks like an interesting product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! The price tag on Estee Lauder always defers me from trying their products but this looks like it might be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that a lot of the dept. store beauty counters are owned by the same people. I've heard hype about the Clinique dark spot corrector, too. I wonder if it's similar to this.

      Delete
  8. I love Estee Lauder makeups but I don't recall trying any of their skincare line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it on a whim - they had a gift with purchase that I really wanted, so I picked this out of their skincare lineup. I was happy I did!

      Delete
  9. I have not used Estee Lauder in a long long time... this is something I would like to look into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be *addicted* to dept beauty counters - esp. the gift with purchase! I didn't buy any for a long time, but the gift sucked me back in again...

      Delete
  10. With your rosacea, I'm sure you have to be super careful what you put on your skin. I would think that a lot of these types of products would be difficult for you to test.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A flat cotton round or square absorbs a little less product. It seems like all the products like this are expensive unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - the cheaper 'brighteners' don't seem to do anything for spot correction.

      Delete
  12. I have tried a majillion brown spot removers. My fave. of all time those is from Obagi. I see what you mean about the clear liquid, that would annoy me because it would seem like you are waisting a ton. Glad you like it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Obagi. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  13. I love products like these! I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until you're older and you actually have spots! lol

      Delete
  14. I like using a cotton pad to apply these types of products too, but now that you say something, I probably lose a lot of product in those things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all pawns of the cotton industry. They're in collusion with the beauty industry. It's a win-win for them!

      Delete
  15. I want to try it ! It sounds great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make sure I use it every night. I got out of the habit.

      Delete
  16. Good to know it worked for you! My favorite is the tone corrector from Exuviance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have some samples of that. I'll have to try it now! Thanks!

      Delete
  17. Booo that packaging doesn't look that great. I usually use an AHA product by Alpha Hydrox plus Sunscreen to ward off any hyper-pigmentation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, if we'd only really known about sun damage when I was a kid. We used to think applying baby oil, or even Crisco, to get a tan was a good idea. Duh.

      Delete
  18. I've never tried this, but I normally LOVE Estee Lauder. Their cleanser is amazing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small bottle of their foaming cleanser that I take with me on trips. Its so pampering. :)

      Delete
  19. Seems like an interesting product! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Farryn! Can you get Estee Lauder in Australia?

      Delete
  20. It really should have a pump! Sounds like a great product, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your fingertips to Estee Lauder's ears! Add a pump, people!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...